Make a Difference Share Your America
If you have a spare room and an open heart, you can provide a home away from home
for an international student in our community.
Many of our international students want the experience of living in an American family
home. In response, LCC's Host Family Program is seeking qualified families who have
a strong interest in hosting and interacting with international students. Homestays
are a wonderful opportunity for students to live with an American family and learn
our customs and culture. Our emphasis is on providing students and families an opportunity
for cultural exchange.
Host Families must provide:
- A furnished, private bedroom with adequate closet/storage space.
- Assist with transportation, live on a bus line, or live within walking distance.
- Internet access.
- Supportive environment for the student to succeed both academically and socially.
- Opportunities to learn about local culture and engage in home and community life.
Benefits of Hosting an International Student:
- Gain a broader perspective on the world.
- Provide a student with firsthand experience into American family life.
- Help promote greater cultural understanding in your community.
- Create a friendship that can last a lifetime.
- Students pay a monthly fee to offset the cost of room and board.