As a state agency, Lower Columbia College is subject to the provisions of the Washington state public disclosure laws governing access to public records and will respond accordingly.
There may be exemptions to disclosure that may prohibit the college from releasing certain documents.
The statues governing public records can be found in the Revised Code of Washington (RCW) 42.56 on the Washington State Legislature's website.
How to make a request
The Act requires that records requested be "identifiable". A general question is not a public records request. The Act also lists certain public records that do not have to be disclosed.
To make a public records request, please e-mail, call, write or fax.
For us to respond as quickly as possible, please be specific about the records you are requesting. We also need to know how to contact you if we have questions, and where to send the records.
Please fill out the Public Records Request Form, and include:
- Requestor's name, complete mailing address, phone and fax number
- Date of request
- Specific nature of the request, including:
- Description of requested records (title, subject, date, policy, etc.)
- Number of copies needed
- If requesting a list of individuals, please complete the RCW 42.56.70(9) Commercial Lists form and mail or fax a signed copy
Please note that copying charges may apply. However, you may choose to review the records at no charge at a pre-approved appointment, instead of receiving copies. If you prefer to review the records, please note this on your request.
- Photocopy per page: $0.25