Applying for your benefits is your first step towards becoming an LCC student. For assistance with the process please contact a Veterans Services representative listed at the bottom of this page.

Military Friendly

Apply for your Veterans Educational Benefits

Paperwork needed for your VA file

  • Certificate of Eligibility
  • DD-214 - Member 4 Copy
  • Placement Test Scores
  • Program Planner (we can print this out for you)
  • Copy of transcripts from other schools and/or Joint Service
  • Veteran Personal Data Sheet
  • Veteran Tuition Status Form
  • Class Schedule for each quarter

Steps to Apply for Benefits

Step 1

Complete Veterans On-Line Application (VONAPP)

  • Register as a New User and Create New Account

Select one of the following forms from the drop-down menu:

  • For Veteran: Education Benefit - Form 22-1990
    • This will allow application for Ch 33, Ch 30, Ch 35, 1606, & 1607
  • For Spouse/Dependent: Dependent Application for VA Education Benefits - Form 22-5490
  • For T.O.E.: Education Benefits-Application for family member to use Transferred Benefits - Form 22-1990E


  • DD-214 (Member 4 copy) is useful when filling out application. You will have the option to upload and send it as well when you are ready to submit your form.
  • Application will ask for bank account and routing information for those who wish to receive direct deposit instead of paper checks in the mail.
  • If choosing Ch 33 Post 9/11 GI Bill, Veteran will have to relinquish rights to Ch 30 Montgomery GI Bill
  • Notification from the VA and Certificate of Eligibility without delays may take up to 6 weeks to be received. These letters are received by mail.
  • Our VA Regional Office located in Muskogee Oklahoma.

Step 2

After acquisition of Certificate of Eligibility, bring letter and your DD-214 to the Veterans Services window in the Admissions Center.

Fill out the listed forms for your VA file at the Veterans Services window.

  • Veteran Services Personal Data Sheet
  • Veteran Tuition Status Form

Step 3

Request Joint Service Transcripts (JST System, or Official JST)

  Please be advised that in accessing this site you may encounter a security warning. This is normal. Please proceed accordingly.

Request your JST for military service and send, or bring in person* to the Registration Office at:

Lower Columbia College
c/o Registration
1600 Maple St.
Longview, WA 98632

*The Registration Office is located in the Admissions Center.

Request a Transcript Evaluation

Follow instructions to submit Transcript Evaluation Request Form.

Alternatively, you may complete this form at the Registration Office located in the Admissions Center.

Contacts for Veterans

 Admissions Center

For general inquiries, GI Bill Applications, etc.


VA Alliance Representatives

 Mary Kate Marthaller, Director, Disability Support Services & Special Populations

 Lisa Kay, VA Coordinator/SCO

 Connie O'Brien-Larsen, Vet Corps Navigator 

Join LCC Veterans Services on Social Media

  • News and updates for veterans
  • Scholarship opportunities
  • Events and activities
Copyright 2017 Lower Columbia College | All Rights Reserved.