Lower Columbia College knows how important housing is to your success. Our staff will
help you have a caring, positive, safe and supportive American living experience.
Housing options include living in an apartment or living with a host family. Scroll
below to learn more.
You must secure and confirm housing by the Housing Application deadline listed at
Dates & Deadlines. If not your I-20 will be canceled.
Live next to campus in a fully-furnished apartment
- Convenient option for independent students.
- Within walking distance of campus and downtown areas.
- Easy to stay connected to student activities.
- On the main bus route.
Two bedroom apartment (private bedroom)
Two bedroom apartment (shared, 2 person bedroom - this option is not always available.)
Monthly cost includes all utilities except for internet. Does not include meals.
- Full-size refrigerator
- Rice cooker
- Pots, pans, plates, cups, silverware
- Twin bed with storage
- Linens (towels, sheets, comforter, pillow)
- Tub and shower
- On-site coin operated washer and dryer
- Locked storage area in laundry area
- Each apartment has two locks and an outside security door.
Apply for an Apartment
To apply for apartment housing be sure to submit the LCC Apartment Request Form and
pay the $300 Housing Placement Fee by the housing application deadline listed at Dates & Deadlines.
Host Family Living
Live with an American family and share their customs, culture and language.
- Experience first-hand American family life.
- Practice speaking English with native speakers.
- Develop life-long friendships with your family.
- Stay connected to a family environment.
For information on how to become a Host Family see Host Families.
Cost: $650 per month
Host Family Amenities
- Bedroom with bed, desk, closet space, and wifi access.
- Shared bathroom.
- Household utilities
- Transportation assistance to and from school
- Food for three meals a day
Apply for a Host Family
To apply to live with a host family submit the LCC Homestay Request Form and pay the
$300 Housing Placement Fee by the housing application deadline listed at Dates & Deadlines.