Lower Columbia College knows how important housing is to your success. Our staff will
help you have a caring, positive, safe and supportive American living experience.
Housing options include living in an apartment or living with a host family. Scroll
below to learn more.
You must secure and confirm housing by the Housing Application deadline listed at
Dates & Deadlines. If not your I-20 will be canceled.
LCC Apartment-Style housing
Photos of fully-furnished apartment-style housing
- Located next to campus
- Convenient option for independent students.
- Within walking distance of shopping and downtown areas.
- Easy to stay connected to student activities.
- On the main bus route.
Two bedroom apartment (private bedroom)
- $1000 per quarter (each quarter is 3 months, monthly payment plan is availible for
a $50 fee)
Two bedroom apartment (shared, 2 person bedroom - this option is not always available.)
- $600 per quarter (each quarter is 3 months, monthly payment plan is availible)
Monthly cost includes all utilities except for internet. Does not include meals.
- Full-size refrigerator
- Rice cooker
- Pots, pans, plates, cups, silverware
- Twin bed with built-in storage or dresser
- Linens (towels, sheets, comforter, pillow)
- Tub and shower
- On-site coin operated washer and dryer
- Locked storage area in laundry area
- Each apartment has two locks and an outside security door
- LCC security regularly patrols the apartments
Apply for an Apartment
To apply for apartment housing:
Host Family Living
Live with an American family and share their customs, culture and language.
- Experience first-hand American family life.
- Practice speaking English with native speakers.
- Develop life-long friendships with your family.
- Stay connected to a family environment.
For information on how to become a Host Family see Host Families.
Cost: $650 per month
Host Family Amenities
- Bedroom with bed, desk, closet space, and wifi access.
- Shared bathroom.
- Household utilities
- Transportation assistance to and from school
- Food for three meals a day