Getting Started at Lower Columbia College - First Steps for New Students
1. Apply for Admission - no fee to apply!
- Apply online or in person at the LCC Entry Center
- Returning to LCC? If it's been 2+ years you will need to re-apply
- Apply online at lowercolumbia.edu/apply
2. Apply for Financial Aid - submit your FAFSA at fafsa.ed.gov.
- A completed FAFSA makes you eligible for grants, loans and scholarships
- Need extra help? Workshops/appointments are available - call 360.442.2330
- Find more information, visit lowercolumbia.edu/finaid for instructions and forms
- You may be eligible for additional assistance - visit startnextquarter.org to find out
3. Determine your Program of Study - LCC offers a wide variety of certificates and degrees
4. Practice and take a Placement Test - required for math and English placement.
5. Transfer any credits earned elsewhere to LCC - keep your credits!
- Send your official transcript to LCC Registration
- Fill out and submit a Transcript Evaluation Request
- For more information visit lowercolumbia.edu/transcripts
6. Attend New Student Orientation - required for all new and returning students.
- Get the tools you need to be a successful student
- Register for your classes at the orientation
- Advisors will be available on-site
- Call 360.442.2353 to sign up
7. Pay your Tuition and Fees - tuition due dates posted on the Academic Calendar.
- Check your status in the Financial Aid Portal
- For more financial aid information visit lowercolumbia.edu/finaid
- Enroll in a Payment Plan lowercolumbia.edu/payment-plan
- Pay in person, by phone, or online at lowercolumbia.edu/payment-options
At LCC we are committed to helping you succeed. Please do not hesitate to contact
the Entry Center at 360.442.2311 with any questions or concerns you may have. We look
forward to welcoming you to the Lower Columbia College community!