Procedure for Transfer Credit Evaluation Acceptance of Credits
- Student ensures that the Registration Office has received an official copy of the
transcript. Unofficial transcripts are not accepted.
- Student applies to the Registration Office to have credits evaluated and accepted
as equivalent to LCC course requirements.
- The Registration Office processes the acceptance of the transfer course[s].
Evaluation of credits
The Registration Office evaluates credits for transfer from another institution to
LCC using the credit value awarded at the sending institution. The Registration Office
administers all student transfer credit requests.
Computation of Transfer Credits with LCC equivalent
- Credit for course[s] from other institutions of higher learning that transfer as 4.0
credits or more are accepted as fulfilling a 5 credit course requirement if course[s]
are considered equivalent and meet all LCC curriculum requirements.
- Student receives transfer credits for the class and is considered to have met the
requirements of the class.
- Student must still meet the college requirement of 90 credits for graduation.
The Registration Office administers the acceptance of the course. The student is responsible
for ensuring any remaining credits are completed, to fulfill the total credits earned
Computation of Transfer Courses without LCC equivalent
- Student petitions the committee for acceptance of the course by using the Academic Standards Committee Petition form.
- Student should include pertinent information such as course or catalog description
and syllabus for the course.
- Student should include support statement and signature from an LCC faculty member
in the department of the course being petitioned for acceptance.
The chairperson or designee has authority to act upon the request based upon the course
meeting applicable LCC requirements.