Section 524 - Criteria for Sales to Persons other than Students, Faculty, Staff and
The following criteria shall be considered in providing goods, services, or facilities
to persons other than students, faculty, staff, and invited guests:
- The goods, services, or facilities represent a resource which is directly related
to the District educational and public service mission, which is not practically available
in the private marketplace and for which there is a demand from the external community.
- Fees charged for goods, services, or facilities shall take into account the full direct
and indirect costs including overhead and the price of such items in the private marketplace.
- The district will comply with special business license requirements and collect sales
and use taxes consistent with state laws.
- Reviewed by Executive Leadership Team - August 31, 2020 (requires further review)
- Adopted - February 23, 2009
- Campus Review - February 1-22, 2009
- Reviewed by the Cabinet and Leadership Team - November 2008
- Replaces policies 705.32 – 705.33 approved - August 1989