Certificate of Proficiency (COP)
About The Program
The General Business Certificate Program prepares students for entry-level employment
in a variety of business support positions. The program generally can be completed
within one academic year. Students may enter the program in the fall, winter or spring
For a roadmap that identifies the preferred sequencing of courses and other specific
recommendations from faculty, please see the corresponding program map(s):
||Intro to Accounting Concepts
||Introduction to Business
||Intro to Microcomputer Apps
|BTEC 131 (was CS 121)
||Intro to Spreadsheets
Students completing this program should acquire the following skills and abilities:
Revised February 2021 (Effective Summer 2021)
- Articulate the relationship between human behavior, customer service, and business
- Perform basic bookkeeping and accounting tasks using spreadsheets and industry standard
- Compose written business documents, including email and reports, using industry standard
- Identify the relationships between business functions, such as accounting, marketing,
purchasing, human resources, and operations management.
- Communicate professionally in writing and speaking as appropriate to a business work
environment (GS Communication).
- Apply objective, valid methods of inquiry and problem solving to draw rational, ethical,
and coherent conclusions (GS Critical Thinking).
- Apply mathematical information to make decisions and solve problems in business (GS
- Interact effectively with individuals and groups (GS Interpersonal Relations).
Consult an advisor if you have any questions.