Start your college classes at the right level!
An accurate placement allows us to evaluate your Math and English needs, and helps
your advisor recommend the best courses to get you started on a path to your degree
Students who plan to earn a degree or certificate at LCC, or who plan to transfer
to a four-year institution, must take the placement assessment or equivalent before
Testing Center Hours:
No appointment needed for Placement testing! General Testing Hours: M-Th: 10 am - 5 pm in the Admissions Center Testing Lab. Closed for testing on Friday. If you need accommodations, please contact Disability Support Services, 360.442.2340.
Options for math placement include MyMathTest (a test format from a company called
Pearson with actual test content developed by LCC faculty), test scores from another
college, previous college course work, Smarter Balanced scores, or high school transcripts.
Options for English placement include Smarter Balanced scores, test scores from another
college, previous college coursework, or Directed Self-Placement.
What You Need
- Photo ID
- 3+ hours for testing. English and Math do not need to be taken the same day.
How to Prepare for your Math Test
Policies and Recommendations
- Course placements are mandatory. Be sure to adequately prepare yourself prior to testing.
- You are allowed one retake. You must wait 24 hours before retesting, and you should
- Placement results expire after two years.
How to Request your Test Scores
Fill out this form and fax it to 360.442.2359.
Request Test Scores
How to Interpret your Test Scores
See this chart to interpret your scores
Interpret Test Scores
Already taken college classes?
- If you have already taken college level courses at LCC or another institution (especially
English or Math), your credits may be transferable.
- Get your transcript evaluated.
- Bring a copy of your transcript to New Student Orientation.
Already taken placement tests?
- If you took Placements tests at LCC or another institution within the last two years,
you are welcome to use these scores. Scores from other colleges may be faxed to our
office at 360.442.2359.
- Note: LCC only accepts Compass placement test results
Math Transfer Agreement
- If you successfully completed math courses at a local high school, you may qualify
to take college level Mathematics courses without placement. Request the Math Transfer
Agreement for details. If you qualify for either of these alternatives, you must bring
a copy of your transcript for review with an advisor.