Who is involved in assessment of Global Skills?
All full-time faculty are expected to participate in Global Skills Assessment either
by contributing artifacts or serving as a participant in one of our Summer Assessment
Institutes for academic transfer areas, and participating in program assessment of
Related Instruction for professional/technical programs.
What is assessed?
Faculty at LCC have defined four Global Skills: Communication, Critical Thinking, Quantitative Literacy and Teamwork. Each has an associated rubric used for assessment purposes.
When does the work happen?
One Global Skills is assessed each year, so a complete assessment cycle takes four
years. In addition to the summer assessment institute, time is set aside on each quarterly
assessment day to address Global Skills. See the Master Instructional Assessment Timeline for more information.
Where is information about Global Skills located?
The Global Skills and associated rubrics are available on the internal LCC website.
See Global Skills Assessment.
The public (student) faculty Global Skills page is located on LCC's public site. See
- Global Skills Assessment page contains links to our Global Skills rubrics and all related reports and resources
- Global Skills page contains general information about LCC's Global Skills for students and the
- Communication rubric (services4.lowercolumbia.edu/info/webresources/Institutional-Research/CommunicationRubric.pdf)
- Critical Thinking rubric (services4.lowercolumbia.edu/info/webresources/Institutional-Research/CriticalThinkingRubric.pdf)
- Quantitative Literacy rubric (services4.lowercolumbia.edu/info/webresources/Institutional-Research/QuantitativeLiteracyRubric.pdf)
- Teamwork rubric (services4.lowercolumbia.edu/info/webresources/Institutional-Research/TeamworkRubric.pdf)
- Master Instructional Assessment Timeline -- see what is happening every quarter in regard to instructional assessment (services4.lowercolumbia.edu/info/webresources/Institutional-Research/InstructionalAssessmentTimeline.pdf)