How much does the program cost?
- Running Start only covers the cost of tuition for college-level classes (those numbered
100 and above).
- The more classes you take at the high school the less tuition free credits you get
at LCC and vice versa. If you take more than what is allotted, you will have to pay
for the excess tuition.
Are there other expenses?
As a Running Start Student you are also responsible for:
- All college fees. Fees are similar to taxes and cover costs for facilities, gym, security,
tutoring and other student necessities.
- Transportation (free city transportation with updated student ID).
- Books, supplies, or tools (for vocational classes).
Can I get help paying for my fees and books?
Yes! If your family qualifies for the federal free/reduced lunch program through the
school district, then LCC is able to help you with a fee waiver and our Book Loan