Help with your Research
If you have a question, access a handout, PowerPoint presentation, video or web link.
See also: Databases and Guides
Research: How to start your research
Books: How to find books at LCC
Articles: How to access articles in Databases
Evaluate: Criteria for evaluating sources
- Handout with criteria for evaluating sources.
- PowerPoint with criteria for telling scholarly from popular articles.
- Self Check Quiz comparing scholarly and popular sources.
Formatting a Paper
- Links to guidelines and samples
Plagiarism: tutorials and guidelines
Help from other colleges:
- OWL writing lab at Purdue University
- IRIS Information Literacy tutorials from Clark College
**Macintosh users: If you cannot play Windows Media files from our website, you may need to download and install Windows Media Player for Macintosh.
**If you use the Mozilla Firefox web browser and you are having difficulty playing videos from our website, you may need to install the browser plug-in available here: http://port25.technet.com/pages/windows-media-player-firefox-plugin-download.aspx
After you install this plug-in, you will need to close Firefox, then open it again.