Did you earn credits at another institution?

Students who have earned credits at another institution, and intend to transfer them towards a degree or certificate at Lower Columbia College, need to request an *official transcript, and complete a transcript evaluation form.

 Contact Registration and Entry Services in the Admissions Center, 360.442.2311.

Transfer your credits and request a transcript evaluation

*Step 1

Apply for Admission

You must apply for admission to Lower Columbia College before requesting a transcript evaluation.

*Skip this step if you have already applied for admission.

Step 2

Request *official transcripts from all previous institutions

  • *Official Transcripts can be mailed or hand delivered in the original sealed envelope to:

Lower Columbia College
Registrar/Transcript Evaluation
PO Box 3010
Longview, WA 98632

*An official transcript is the college or university's certified statement of your academic record. The official paper transcript is printed on security sensitive paper and contains the official seal and signature of the college or university's registrar. Official transcripts are always sealed and unopened.

Step 3

Submit Transcript Evaluation Request Form

  1. Print form and fill out completely.
  2. Open your email program and attach the form. Send the email to registration@lowercolumbia.edu Include subject line: 'Transcript Evaluation Form Submission.' Please add any text needed to clarify your request.
  3. Mail, fax, or bring form in person to:
Lower Columbia College
Registrar/Transcript Evaluation Request
PO Box 3010
Longview, WA 98632
Fax: 360.442.2379

Transcript Processing Timeline

Evaluations take place once all transcripts have been received.

LCC accepts transfers courses with a grade of C (2.0) or better.

Once LCC receives your *official transcripts they are the property of LCC and will not be returned or forwarded to any other institution.

Turnaround times for evaluations are approximately 2-4 weeks after all transcripts have been received.

During high volume periods, turnaround time may be slightly higher.

Alternative Options

Alternative options for earning, or transferring credits include:

  • Advanced Placement
  • College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
  • Foreign Transcript Credits
  • International Baccalaureate Credit ((B)
  • Military Service

These options may require a different assessment before being awarded. Please click the link above for details, or contact Registration and Entry Services in the Admissions Center at 360.442.2311.

About Transfer Credits

In general, Lower Columbia College only accepts credits earned at educational institutions accredited by one of the regional accrediting agencies.

  • New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC)
  • Middle States Association of Schools and Colleges (MSA)
  • Southern Association of Schools and Colleges (SACS)
  • Western Association of Schools and Colleges  Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (WASC)
  • Western Association of Schools and Colleges Accrediting Commission for Senior College and Universities (WASC)
  • Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU)
  • Higher Learning Commission

To find out if an educational institution is accredited by their regional accrediting association, you can use the accreditation database provided by the US Department of Education's Office of Postsecondary Education. Search for an institution by its name and find its accrediting agency.

Contact Registration & Entry Services

Registration and Entry Services located in the Admissions Center. Make an appointment to discuss your future by calling the Entry Center at 360.442.2311. Walk-ins welcome during regular business hours. Registration counters open at 10 am on Fridays.

  Entry Center


  Registration Office


Copyright 2017 Lower Columbia College | All Rights Reserved.