We're operating, just doing things differently.

Select "learn more" to find out what's open on campus. - Learn More.


Lower Columbia College recognizes that use of preferred names, whenever possible, is key to creating an inclusive and welcoming learning environment for all students.

Your preferred name is a name you designate to be used instead of your legal name. Students may opt to use a preferred name, however it is not required. Currently, students are able to request that the college update their information to include the preferred name for use in classroom rosters, as well as Canvas display name to reflect a preferred name.

To update your preferred name for use in the classroom and class rosters, please select the "Add My Preferred Name" button below. If you would like to also have your display name in Canvas updated to your preferred name, please contact the LCC eLearning office at (360) 442-2520 or by email elearning@lowercolumbia.edu.

Please be aware that making these changes are not the same as a legal name change through a court system.

How to add your Preferred Name

Log into ctcLink and follow these directions on how to add your preferred name.

More Information

Students are encouraged to communicate their preferred name to faculty prior to the start of the quarter when possible. You can find contact information for your faculty on the website directory.

Your legal name will be used in business processes and other activities that require use of a legal name. These include:

  • Transcripts
  • Diplomas
  • International Students Documentation
  • Financial Aid Records
  • Student Employment Records
  • Federal Requests for Information
  • National Student Clearinghouse

Continuing or returning students are required to submit legal documentation and a name change form to the Registration office to request a change of name in their official Lower Columbia College record. Examples of acceptable documentation include:

  • Government issued photo identification showing current legal name and one of the following:
    • A marriage certificate
    • A court order
    • Divorce decree with name change

If you are receiving Financial Aid, please submit the documentation above to the Financial Aid Office along with your social security card showing current legal name, or have a current ISIR on file with new name accepted with no errors. For additional information, please contact the Financial Aid office at (360) 442-2390

If at any time you feel unsafe or think or feel that you have been discriminated against by faculty, staff, or other students at LCC, you are encouraged to make a report through our online reporting form.

Contact Registration & Entry Services

Registration and Entry Services located in the Admissions Center. Make an appointment to discuss your future by calling the Entry Center at (360) 442-2311. Walk-ins welcome during regular business hours. Registration counters open at 10 am on Fridays.

  Entry Center

  (360) 442-2311

  Registration Office

  (360) 442-2370

Copyright 2018 Lower Columbia College | All Rights Reserved.