Important Travel & Transportation information for International Students
There are many rules governing travel for F and M visa holders. International students
who plan to travel during school breaks, holidays, and vacations must meet with a
Designated School Official in the International Programs office prior to travel. For
general information and guidelines about F-1 student travel visit: http://www.ice.gov/sevis/travel
International Flights Arrivals/Departures
- Students and visitors should arrive and depart from PDX. PDX is a 40 minute drive
from LCC and free transportation dates are available.
- PDX international arrival information
- An LCC representative will greet you at the airport. Meet at the baggage claim area
opposite carousel 10.
Driving Directions to Longview, Washington
Arrivals at Portland International Airport (PDX)
Arrivals at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA)
Lower Columbia College will arrange transportation to the airport (PDX recommended)
for students who have reached the end of their time here. Students flying out during
a school break are responsible for their own transportation to and from the airport.
Several options are available for students who wish explore on their own:
- Rural public transportation service connecting with many other transportation entities.
Fare for each one-way trip is $1.00
- Local public bus service for Longview and Kelso, Washington (Cowlitz County)
- Local public bus service for Vancouver, Washington (Clark County)
- Local public transit system for Clackamas, Multnomah and Washngton counties)
Options outside the local public transportation system.
- Greyhound operates intercity buses that run from Kelso, Washington to Seattle, Washington
for approx. $30-$40, one-way.
- Train service from Kelso-Longview to anywhere you want to go. A train ride from the
Kelso-Longview station to Seattle cost roughly $30-$50, one way.