Running Start Program Information
High school juniors and seniors save money on tuition and get a running start on college credits!
Learn more about Running Start. Call us today at 360.442.2442
Running Start is a program that allows 11th and 12th grade students to take college
courses. Students who meet eligibility requirements have the opportunity to earn both
high school and college credits, without paying tuition. Learn more.
Attend a Running Start Information Session
Learn more about the Running Start program and how you can participate!
Convenient evening sessions are scheduled in the Student Center. You do not need to
register in order to attend. Click event link to open calendar, where you can add it to your calendar or share
with friends. Click Facebook icon to open event on Facebook.
Thursday, March 16, 4 pm
Thursday, March 16, 6 pm
Tuesday, March 21, 6 pm
Tuesday, March 28, 6 pm
Thursday, March 30, 6 pm (Woodland High School)
Thursday, April 13, 6 pm
Running Start Eligibility
High School Students
- You will be in the 11th or 12th grade by your first quarter of Running Start.
- You have at least a 2.5 cumulative high school GPA.
- You have a 3.0 GPA or better in all high school English/Literature classes,
- You score a 3 or 4 on the English portion of the Smarter Balanced assessment.
Home School or Private School Students
- You must enroll through a local public high school and have a junior or senior standing.
However, you do not need to attend classes in the public high school.
- It is the responsibility of the public high school to establish your grade placement.
- You must live in the State of Washington.