Express ideas and information in writing and speaking in a manner that is clear and
appropriate to the audience, and read and listen effectively.
- Students will communicate in complete sentences, demonstrating use of grammar, mechanics,
and word choice appropriate to context.
- Students will develop and express their ideas clearly and reasonably for a unified
- Students will demonstrate comprehension of a wide variety of materials.
- Students will use credible evidence to support arguments and conclusions.
- Students will document source information.
- Students will use a style of delivery that is effective in communicating their message.
Apply objective, valid methods of inquiry and problem-solving to draw rational, ethical,
and coherent conclusions.
- Students will identify and define primary problems or issues.
- Students will present relevant, accurate, and objective information and will draw
valid inferences from that information.
- Students will use techniques or processes appropriate to the subject to analyze and
- Students will propose and evaluate solutions based on the criteria of logic, evidence,
ethical principles, and coherence.
Interact effectively with individuals and/or within groups.
- Students will participate actively, demonstrating commitment to shared tasks.
- Students will cooperate with others.
- Students will use verbal and non-verbal skills appropriate for the context to enhance
Achieve competency with numbers and graphical skills to interpret and communicate
quantifiable information, and apply mathematical and statistical skills in practical
and abstract contexts.
- Students will analyze, interpret and draw valid inferences from graphical and numerical
- Students will use quantitative skills to arrive at a solution/conclusion.
- Students will use quantitative skills to assess the validity of a proposed solution/conclusion
- Students will communicate numerical and mathematical processes using appropriate symbols,
language and terminology.