Emergency Building Coordinators
Emergency Building Coordinators (EBC's) are designated by the College President (or
designee) as the primary point of contact for each building. As an extension of the
Emergency Management Team (EMT), each EBC will help coordinate the campus response
to major incidents that may occur on or near the campus.
EBC Primary Responsibilities:
- Initiate building lockdown.
- Evacuate building occupants to designated location, if / when directed to do so.
- Communicate building status to Campus Services ((360) 442-2260, option #2).
Each EBC and alternate will:
- Complete CPR/First Aid/AED training.
- Complete Fire Extinguisher training.
- Complete Incident Command System, ICS training
- Complete Blood Borne Pathogen Prevention training.
- Be familiar with their building evacuation routes.
- Ensure emergency exits are clear at all times.
- Ensure that an emergency evacuation plan is in place for their building.
- Explain basic evacuation procedures for their building to all new employees.
- Have the necessary key(s) to lock down their building's exterior doors during an emergency.
- Know the location of emergency backpacks and booklet (provided by Safety & Security).
- Assist persons with physical disabilities during an evacuation.
- Coordinate as necessary with the designated alternate EBC who will act in their absence.
What to Do in the Event of An Emergency
Occupants of a building at the time of an emergency should report to their EBC for direction
if it is safe to do so.
In the most likely case, an emergency will prompt the evacuation of a single building.
Occupants of a building should evacuate if directed to do so by their EBC, Campus
Security, police, fire or other qualified personnel.
For Employees Only - Find Your EBC!
Please review the Emergency Building Coordinators list to find your EBC (access restricted to LCC employees with @lowercolumbia.edu email