LCC is operating - we're just doing things differently.
- Access to LCC buildings is restricted to faculty and staff March 20 - May 31 (exception:
medical assisting, nursing, machining and welding students will be allowed to resume
critical labs beginning May 5 per order from the Governor) so long as stringent health
and safety protocols are followed. Students should check Canvas for details from instructors. Learn more about our campus safety measures.
- Professional/Technical students should watch for communication from their instructor/s
for other exceptions.
- All events and activities are canceled March 20 - May 31.
- Spring quarter will run April 20 - June 18 (rather than April 6 - June 18). See the extended dates and deadlines.
- Spring quarter instruction will be delivered online as much as possible (all instruction
will be fully online for the first two weeks of the quarter). Faculty will provide
more specific instructions to their students via email and/or Canvas before the start
of the quarter. Check out our free tech tutorials at lowercolumbia.edu/elearning.
- Apply for emergency financial assistance if you need help paying for tuition and fees,
books, rent, food, childcare, technology, or other emergency or COVID-19 related expenses.
Emergency Assistance Funding Request Form.
- Childcare: the Early Learning Center is closed until further notice.
- Head Start/ECEAP parents: Families will continue receiving modified services through
the end of the school year. Classrooms will remain closed, but we remain actively
- Please call (360) 442-2322 or email email@example.com for questions.
The Washington State Department of Health has established a call center to address questions from the public. If you have questions
about what is happening in Washington, how the virus is spread, and what to do if
you have symptoms, please call 1-800-525-0127 and press #.
Extended Dates and Deadlines for Spring Quarter 2020*
Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, we have revised the dates for spring quarter
to April 20 through June 18, 2020 (rather than April 6 through June 18). Revised dates
and deadlines are listed below; we will continue to add information to this page as
it becomes available.
Note: we will make a determination about Commencement by the start of spring quarter
April 15, 2020 - Financial aid check disbursement (note: ctcLink has caused a temporary delay)
April 20, 2020 - First day of Spring Quarter
April 24, 2020 - 100% refund cutoff
April 30, 2020 - Last day to withdraw without a "W"
May 5, 2020 - Deadline for paying tuition and fees
May 8, 2020 - 50% refund cutoff
May 25, 2020 - 60% point of quarter
June 12, 2020 - Last day to withdraw with a "W"
June 12, 2020 - Last day of class
June 16 - 18, 2020 - Spring quarter finals
June 23, 2020 - Grades available online
See also: Academic Calendar
*all dates subject to change as the situation unfolds