Winter Quarter Fitness Challenge!
January - March 2019, try out new ways to improve your routine with free classes!
Download the class schedule.
The renovated Myklebust Gymnasium features a gym; fitness center; classroom space
for dance, yoga, health and continuing education classes; community spaces; coaching
offices, locker rooms, a study lounge and a juice bar.
Learn more about the Gym & Fitness Center
Students led the effort to renovate the Gym & Fitness Center through a fee of $2.50
per credit in tuition. The project was completed in 2014. It supports the current
and future instructional needs of the college, brings the entire facility into ADA
compliance, and doubles the space available for athletic activities, health-related
classes and activities and other uses.
Classes & Programs in this Building Include:
Home to the Red Devil athletic teams!
Pilates, Cross Training, Basketball and other PE classes are taught here.
Yoga, Zumba and other continuing education courses are taught here.
- Elevator for access
- Two classrooms with viewing windows to gym area below
- Dance studio/classroom
- Office space allowing for supervision
- Space for community events and continuing education classes
- Glenn Andrew study lounge
- LEED certified
- New gym floor completed Summer 2011
In the News
- Jeane Wirkkala Moksness Provides Major Gift to LCC, College Relations, October 5, 2017
- Gym & Fitness Center wins Excellence in Masonry Awards, The Seattle Daily Journal of Commerce, November 18, 2016
- Myklebust facelift a boon for LCC athletics, The Daily News, January 29, 2015
- New LCC fitness center on pace for January opening, The Daily News, May 21, 2014
- LCC students' vision of campus fitness center about to become reality, The Daily News, April 4, 2013
- LCC on track to break ground on new fitness center next spring, The Daily News, November 2, 2011