Section 468 - Last Day to Withdraw from Classes
Withdrawal from a course must be officially processed through the Registrar's office
by 5:00 pm on the final withdrawal day. The last day to withdraw from a class is the
last day of the eighth week of instruction. The last day to withdraw for short courses
that meet after the deadline to withdraw is decided by the Registration Office on
a pro-rated basis.
Advisor Signature Requirement
- Student withdrawing from a class or classes during the first seven weeks of instruction
must obtain the advisor's signature on the withdrawal form.
- Student withdrawing from a class or classes during the eighth week of instruction
does not need an advisor's signature on the withdrawal form.
- The Academic Standards Committee does not consider requests for late withdrawal except
for those requests that include valid, verifiable proof that withdrawal beyond the
deadline date was due to an emergency.
- The committee cedes authority to the Vice President for Student Success to handle
9th week withdrawals as an administrative procedure. All withdrawals beyond the 9th week are handled by the chairperson of the committee.
- Reviewed by the Cabinet and Leadership Team - November 2008
- Campus Review - February 1-22, 2009
- Adopted - February 23, 2009