High school juniors and seniors save money on tuition and get a Running Start on college credits. You can too! Attend a Running Start Information Session to learn more.
Learn more about Running Start. Call us today at 360.442.2442
Save money on tuition!
Explore career and degree paths!
> More Advantages
Over the past five years, the number of Running Start students earning both their
high school diploma and an associate degree has doubled!*
*98 Running Start students earned an associate degree in 2016-17, compared to 49 in
In addition, Running Start students perform better academically than other LCC students.
In academic year 2017, Running Start students earned an average GPA of 3.2, compared
to 3.0 for all other students.
Running Start Eligibility
High School Students
- You will be in the 11th or 12th grade by your first quarter of Running Start.
- You have at least a 2.5 cumulative high school GPA.
- You have a 3.0 GPA or better in all high school English/Literature classes,
- You score a 3 or 4 on the English portion of the Smarter Balanced assessment.
Home School or Private School Students
- You must enroll through a local public high school and have a junior or senior standing.
However, you do not need to attend classes in the public high school.
- It is the responsibility of the public high school to establish your grade placement.
- You must live in the State of Washington.
Information for Undocumented Students/DREAMers
Undocumented students in Washington state have the right to attend colleges and universities.
Many qualify for state-funded financial aid because of the Washington Dream Act, also
called The Real Hope Act which was signed into law in 2014.
› Learn more at Undocumented Students/DREAMers