Spanish speaking LCC students, you have the opportunity to take a free Spanish CLEP
exam and earn up to 15 credits for free!
To submit a request for a free Spanish CLEP exam, and learn more details, please submit
the Spanish CLEP Exam Request Form.
The College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) gives you the opportunity to receive
college credit for what you already know, by earning qualifying scores on CLEP examinations.
CLEP offers 33 exams in five subject areas, covering material taught in courses that
you may generally take in your first two years of college. By passing a CLEP exam,
you can earn college credits.
- Transferable Credit: There are currently over 2,900 colleges that grant credit for CLEP exams, including
Lower Columbia College.
- Save yourself time: Earning college credit for a CLEP exam can save you a quarter of class time at LCC.
- Save money: If you're an LCC student, a CLEP exam will cost you $100. Using a CLEP exam for credit
at LCC can save you up to $474.
- Move into advanced course: Earn credit for prerequisite courses and start at advanced courses that fit your
- Graduate on time: CLEP can help you earn the credits if you're a few credits shy of graduating.
How to Register and Pay for a CLEP Exam
CLEP exams are administered by Lower Columbia College through The College Board.
Students must register and pay for CLEP exams online. In addition, a proctoring fee
is paid to Lower Columbia College before taking a CLEP exam.
Proctoring fee (paid to LCC)
- LCC Students: $20
- Non-LCC Students: $30
CLEP exam fee (paid to CLEP)
- Go to clep.collegeboard.org/
- Select "Create an Account" in the top right corner.
- Select the CLEP exam you want to take and pay the $85 test fee*.
- Print your registration ticket.
- Schedule your exam through our online scheduling system. Online scheduling provided by RegisterBlast.
- Bring the registration ticket with you. The Ticket ID number is used to seat testing
What to Bring on Test Day
One form of ID. Acceptable forms of ID include:
- Current passport with name, photograph, and signature
- Valid driver's license with name, photograph, and signature
- State or Province ID issued by the motor vehicle agency with name, photograph, and
- Military ID
- National ID with name, photograph, and signature
- A tribal card
- A naturalization card of certificate of citizenship
Printed registration ticket with your Ticket ID
Test proctoring fee (see above)