Employee Self Service
Every employee should have a number of "tiles" on their homepage in ctcLink. The tiles
will vary depending on your role, employee status, and assigned tasks (such as transactions
you are responsible for as part of your job). Here is a list of what is included in
the most common tiles for all employees.
Please visit the ctcLink Reference Center for instructions and more detailed information.
Onboarding Activities Tile
New employees with receive assigned tasks from Human Resources within the "Onboarding
Activities" tile on their homepage.
Personal Details Tile
Within this tile, you can review, update and initiate changes to your personal information.
- Contact information
- Emergency contacts
- Ethnic groups
- Veteran status
- Disability status
Within this tile, you can perform a number of functions related to time and leave.
Note: there are two categories of time in ctcLink: 'Elapsed Time' and 'Punch Time.'
Classified Staff use 'Elapsed Time' during initial set-up to indicate total hours
worked each day according to their normal schedule.
PT hourly and student workers use 'Punch Time' to enter what time they started, went
to lunch, came back from lunch, and left for the day for each shift worked.
- Enter Time (use this function to enter hours or time worked depending on your employee
category - use the appropriate Time Reporting Code to indicate whether it is regular,
overtime, comp time, etc.)
- Report Time (employees who use screen reader mode should use this function instead
of Enter Time)
- Review Exceptions (use this function to review and fix errors)
- View payable time (use this function to view the number of hours you've worked in
a given pay period)
- Request and Cancel Absences
- View Absence Balances
Payroll Tile (note: all employee categories will be paid twice a month in ctcLink,
including PT hourly and student workers)
- Review paycheck details
- Review and initiate updates to Tax Withholdings
- Review and Consent to electronic W-2's
- Review and submit Direct Deposit information
- Use the Paycheck Modeler (use to calculate a hypothetical check by changing your earnings,
deductions, and/or tax withholding status)
Benefit Details Tile
- Benefits Summary (type of benefit, plan description, and coverage or participation)
- Manage Delegations
- Approve and Reject Delegations