Within ctcLink, there are a number of standard reports available to the users who
have permission to access the data they contain. Because standard reports don't always
provide the needed information, there is also a way to search for and build customized
reports (called queries in ctcLink). Users with appropriate permissions can view and
run queries that live in the system. Unlike Data Express in Legacy which only displayed
LCC reports, the list of customized ctcLink queries includes the entire state. The
list is huge and poses challenges for end users looking for something specific. Only
a small number of designated individuals, called report writers, can build queries.
Please use the form, below, to request a customized query. Requests will be routed
to the appropriate individual.
End User Responsibility
- Before seeking out a query, users should review their processes within PeopleSoft
to determine if there is a need for a query.
- In the event a user concludes a query is required, they will search for a suitable
query using query viewer and the query/report repository metaLink. Please see the Recommended Methods of Searching for Queries and Reports.
- When a user cannot find a suitable query/report for their needs, they will submit
a report request that will be sent to an LCC query developer (i.e., report writer).
For more information on searching for or running queries, employees can enroll in
SBCTC's online ctcLink PeopleSoft Query Reporting Course.
Query Developer Responsibility
- The query developer will clarify user needs and determine if a satisfactory query/report
- If the query developer concludes no such satisfactory query/report exists, they will
confer with the reporting lead to decide the best way to meet the user's needs. This
- Identifying a suitable query for modification.
- Creating a new query.
- Opening a ticket with the State Board.
- Establishing a delivery mechanism outside of PeopleSoft, supported by ECR (Effectiveness
& College Relations) or IT.
After March 9, 2020, assistance with queries and reports can be requested through
the IT Helpdesk portal or by using the form below.