Medical Assisting Program Prerequisite Support Courses
The following courses must be completed with a grade of C or higher to be considered
for admission to the Fall Quarter Medical Assisting Cohort:
- AH 104: Health Care Foundations (formerly AH 101/102), 2 credits, prerequisite: ENGL 099
(or placement into ENGL&
101) or concurrent enrollment in I-BEST academic support
- AH 114: Health Care Communication Skills (formerly AH 131/132), 2 credits, prerequisite:
ENGL 099 (or placement into ENGL&
101) or concurrent enrollment in I-BEST academic
- CS 110: Microcomputer Applications, 3 credits. If you cannot type without looking at the
keyboard, take BTEC 100 as
a prerequisite for CS 110. (BTEC 101 or BTEC 145 can substitute
for CS 110.) This
is a prerequisite up to Fall 2017 cohort; after that it is still a program requirement,
but not a prerequisite.
- MEDA 120: Survey of Human Anatomy & Physiology, 5 credits. This will be a prerequisite after the Fall 2017 cohort.
- Prerequisite: ENGL 099 or placement into ENGL& 101
- Math 105: Math for Health Sciences, 5 credits
- Prerequisite: Math 078/079, 3-5 credits or
- TECH 079 Pre-College Math, 3 credits
- Placement into ENGL& 101
You can be working on your prerequisites at the time of application.