Annual Students in Need Campaign
We are excited to partner with the Daily News for the 4th Annual Students in Need
This year's goal is $50,000. With your help we can reach it.
Campaign runs March 17 - April 28.
Students in Need Giving Options
- Online via PayPal (click link, then select 'Donate Online' to process a secure transaction through
your debit or credit card).
- By Check (clip Students in Need coupon from print version of The Daily News or print here and mail it with your check to The Daily News, PO Box 189, Longview, WA 98632).
Read These Inspirational Stories
About the Student Success Fund
The Foundation provides $50,000 annually to assist students who are most at risk for
abandoning their education due to financial hardship. Student Success funds not only
help students in need with emergency funding, but also help the college maintain quality
instruction because the funds stay on campus. The average student award is less than
These one-time grants mean the difference between success and failure for students
who are on their way to graduation.
The Student Success Fund helps students with:
- Tuition and fees not covered by scholarships, financial aid or grants
- Emergency childcare expenses
- Emergency transportation
- Other unforeseen emergency expenses barring students from degree completion
Thank you to our Platinum, Gold and Silver Sponsors for your support:
- Paul & Marlene Laufman
- Laboratory Science Institute
- David and Jennifer Houten
- Weyerhaeuser Foundation Giving Fund
- Vernon and Karen Pickett
- Fibre Federal Credit Union
- Chet and Birgita Makinster
- Anderson & Anderson Advisory, LLC
- JH Kelly, LLC
- LeBlanc Wealth Advisors, Inc.
- The Legacy Group
- Richard Nau
- PJ Peterson and Stephen Jones
- South Seattle College Foundation
- RM Tollefson Trust
- Estate of Lyle Mack
- PeaceHealth Medical Group