Mask up before coming to campus

Select "learn more" to find out what's open on campus, and don't forget to wear your mask. - Learn More.



Important information on what to do in the case of an emergency!

Instructions on how to deal with specific emergencies.


Medical, Police, Fire

From a college phone: 911
From any other phone: 911

Campus Security

From a college phone: 2911
From any other phone: (360) 442-2911

Please Make a Report if you observe or experience harassment, discrimination, bias, misconduct or threatening behavior.

Frequently Asked Questions

911 should only be used in the event of an emergency.

Call 911 to:

  • Report a fire.
  • Report a crime in progress.
  • Request emergency medical help.
  • Report a gas leak.
  • Report suspicious activities, such as screams, calls for help, or gunshots.

If you are in doubt, it is better to call 911 than to not call. You will not get in trouble.

Do Not Call 911 to:

  • Ask for directions.
  • Ask for information about public services.
  • Find out if someone is in jail.
  • Report situations that are not emergencies.
  • Ask for information about animal control.
  • Talk to a police officer.

Call 911 for serious, life-threatening emergencies only. Calling 911 for the wrong reason may keep someone else from getting the help they need. If you have a question for the police, call the non-emergency number for the Longview police department: (360) 442-5800 or LCC public safety: (360) 442-2911

What happens when I call 911?

  • Calls to 911 are usually answered within 12 seconds. You may be put on hold. When the operator answers, there will be silence on the phone for several seconds. Do not hang up. Wait for the operator to speak.
  • If you do not speak English, tell the operator what language you speak. An interpreter should come on the line.
  • The 911 operator will ask you questions to find out what and where the emergency is. Keep calm and answer these questions. Try to stay on the phone with the operator until you answer all questions.

If you are involved in a car accident of any kind:

Follow these instructions from the Washington State Department of Licensing.

If you feel unsafe walking across the campus:

Call LCC Safety & Security at (360) 442-2911. Someone will meet you and walk with you. They are happy to walk you to your apartment or to your car at night, or if you feel unsafe for any reason.

  or see Emergency Handbook

If you observe a crime in progress or behavior which you suspect is criminal, or if you are a victim of a crime on campus:

Immediately notify Longview Police by calling 9-911 from a college phone or 911 from any other phone and then call Campus Security at 2911 from a campus phone or (360) 442-2911 from any other phone.

  or see Emergency Handbook

If you have other concerns, questions or non-urgent issues:

Call our International emergency phone number at (360) 355-0244.

  or see Emergency Handbook

Contact International Programs

Join us on Social Media

Copyright 2018 Lower Columbia College | All Rights Reserved.